Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Lemonade Recipe P.S.

This is the follow up to yesterday's lemonade recipe post.  Bear with me, please.

I was thinking, since everyone makes lemonade from the sour lemons thrown at them, what if I were to do something really different?   What if I were to make...

...I don't know...

...V-8 juice?

My life has always been different.

God has called me to do so many things alone.

He has called me to do so many things that are not of my natural abilities.

My ministries have always been out there on the limb of faith.


I love these little "screen bean figures"
So, Diane, why settle for just lemonade?  Why not think out of the box?  Why not pray for something different?

I love cucumber in my water.  You should see the reactions of waitresses faces when I request cucumber instead of lemons in my water.  One waitress scolded me, "We can't do that!" Like it was the restaurant's policy or something. I got scolded just because I asked for something DIFFERENT.

So...

I've decided: I'm not settling for lemonade!

LORD, let us (You and I) make something totally different than "lemonade" out of this mess.  Lead me, guide me, into something totally unplanned or unexpected (on my part).  

Cause this now solitary life to count for something grand in Your scheme of things.  Cause this testimony-filled life to be a source of encouragement, strength, and inspiration to others.  

Give me inspiration to continue to write my memoir about all You have done in my life and cause me to be diligent about it.  

Use me, my LORD.  For if You don't surely I will dry up like a grape in the sun.  Cause me to lead the way for others through their wildernesses, LORD. 

Use me - together (You and I) can do so much in these last years of my life.  Use me, use my home.  A ministry house is still promised in your "restoring the years the locust have eaten."  Well, it doesn't have to be an additional house. It can be this one.  Here I am, LORD....here I am...

In Jesus' Life-giving Name! So Be It. Amen.


Climbing out of the box

Because of Him and Unto Him,




6 comments:

Andrew Ronzino said...

This is great, Mom! I'm proud of you. Love you. :-)

Martha Herden said...

Diane~
I LOVE asking for Cucumber in the Water!! It is as you say, "Being Different" and what a JOY that is for all of us....

Your Heart is so completely Open to the LORD--I am so SURE as to which path HE will lead you down from here on. Along the way-you are beginning the process of healing YOU.... So I send you an "extra" through the air waves HUG!!! It is filled with a bundle of LOVE!!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, thank you, Andrew. That means a lot to me! I love you!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, my Martha!!!!! I value your words - they are apples of gold!

Jennifer Dougan said...

Diane,

My heart is sad for what you are going through, but I am confident of several things: that our God loves you fiercely and that he will never leave you or forsake you. He can bring beauty from the pain in our lives, and he is using you and will continue to use you as a blessing in people's lives. Your kids are proud of you, and I appreciate having met you online too.

Your lemonade or cucumber water will be great!

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Diane Ronzino said...

Aaww, Jennifer, thank you!