Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hi. My Name Is...

Hi.  My name is Diane and...

...I am the daughter of an alcoholic.  

And I am the daughter of a perverted-sex-a-holic.  (Emphasis on the PERVERTED.)

I come from a long line of alcoholics and perverted sex "offenders". 

It dawned on me this morning that I married an "aholic".  

A workaholic.  

Wow!...what to do with this info now...???  

Yesterday I spent the day looking for blogs and/WA (Workaholic Anonymous) info.  Workaholism is nowhere near as "popular" as AA or NA or OA, but believe it or not, there are WA groups out there. Who would have have thunk?

I now have a new testimony: how I endured 40 years of such a lifestyle.  And I can sum it up in two words: God's Grace.  Without God's Grace, we would have been divorced many times over, and my children's lives would be oh so different.

In my younger years, I used to cry to God to change my non-communicative, workaholic husband. The loneliness at times was enough for me to want to take my own life.  Oh, cry out to God I did.

Then one day, my cry was no longer for my husband, but for me.  "Change me."   My desire to control my husband was gone and all that was left was a broken Diane.  But, those two words, cried out from a sincere heart, are what brought about the change I so desperately desired.  Not in my husband, but in my ability to live with it.

I've asked myself over and over in the last few months, would I do it again knowing then what I know now?

I can honestly answer a resounding YES!  Because since that day I cried out to God to change me....

  • I have a relationship with The Trinity that is vibrant, deep, and real
  • I have experienced over and over my Father's amazing Grace, therefore I am able to extend grace
  • I have lived a life of unconditional love - I have received it by my Father and poured it out to my husband and others
  • My children have lived adventerous lives all over the world

hhhmmm....is there such a thing as an affairaholic?  Apparently, I married one of those as well...

Hi. My name is Diane and I'm done with the aholics!  Except to say, "Father, use me to help other women."

Because of Him and Unto Him,














8 comments:

Kim said...

<3 <3 <3

Diane Ronzino said...

Love you, Kim. Thanks for coming by!

Diane Ronzino said...

Love you, Kim. Thanks for coming by!

Veronica Shticks Anderson said...

Diane, you are shedding this pain with every word you write! I'm so proud of you! You are getting there! Receive my love in this hug through the screens!

Betty Draper said...

Come on my wise hearted sister, let those words flow from your heart to those fingers so the can type out FREEDOM with every word. So very proud of you , so very glad you are my friend, so very glad we are sisters in the Lord, so very glad He is has never let you go or drop you or deserted you or divorced you. Love your full of God heart.

Diane Ronzino said...

Veronica and Betty, my beloved Circle....thank you for your words...I feel like I'm boring everyone and that maybe I shouldn't be publishing all this. But, it really is for me. It's helping me...

The LORD truly has been so faithful to me...I'm so eternally grateful.

I love you guys! Thank you for your support.

Martha Herden said...

Diane--
I had a "computer" glitch on the day you posted this and wanted so MUCH to send some WORDS to you--finally figured out how to stop hitting the WRONG keys!!

What an amazing Journey of Healing you are on my dear Sister!! Laying it ALL out there--no hiding, nothing but the honest TRUTH of the PAIN that has settled upon your precious Heart... As Betty spoke--it is my HONOR to know you, love you, pray for you, Laugh with you, and above all---HOPE for you my friend!!

It is my sincere thought that you are in the "midst" of an incredible MINISTRY~~~sharing your profound PAIN with so many other Women who have walked in your "Shoes of Anguish" and with your incredible FAITH--by HIS guidance--you will be an amazing VOICE to finding JOY!!!!!

love you so much...

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Martha, you have such a gift of exhortation! Thank you for words and your heart. I love you so!