Monday, June 9, 2014

Righteous Brothers' Inspiration

You're my soul and my heart's inspiration
You're all I've got to get me by
You're my soul and my heart's inspiration
Without You, Jesus, what good am I?

Oh, what good am I?

Jesus, I can't make it without You
I'm telling You, Jesus, You're my reason for laughing, 
for crying, for living, for dying

You're my soul and my heart's inspiration
You're all I've got to get me by
You're my soul and my heart's inspiration
Without You, Jesus, what good am I?

Please visit Laura Bird Miller's website: laurabirdart.com
This is what artist, Laura Bird Miller, wrote about her painting, No Greater Love:

Let The King be enthralled by your beauty.  
Honor Him, for He is your Lord. 
~ Psalm 34:11
The Psalmist says, “Let The King be enthralled with your beauty."  
Let Him.  Allow Him to adore you.  Let The King be enthralled with your beauty.  
He is saying you are beautiful!  No more hiding; it’s time to be vulnerable and let Him see you in your nakedness, your sin.  That is why He died for you.  Not so you could come to Him when you were lookin’ mighty fine and doing the next right thing.  He loves you enough to say you are beautiful even in your sin.  Now, that is amazing Love. 
Greater Love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.  You are loved, you are beautiful and you are valuable.  
Let The King be enthralled with your beauty.  Honor Him, for He is your Lord.
Thank you, Laura Bird Miller, for your words that pierce my soul with Truth during a season in my life that I desperately need to be reminded of Truth, and for painting the imagery that is always in my heart.  And thank you, Righteous Brothers, for giving me a song I can sing to my Jesus. 

Because of Him and Unto Him, 



4 comments:

Floyd said...

Wonderful reminder, Diane. Beautiful.

Crown of Beauty said...

This is such a beautiful post, Diane. My heart was moved both by the words of the song by Righteous Brothers (one of my fave songs in the 70s), and the photo, and the words by Laura. Awesome.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Floyd, and Lydia! The song and the painting are so special. I always picture myself dancing with Jesus....sigh....

Betty Draper said...

Diane this is beautiful and so encouraging. Dance away my courageous wise hearted sister. Praying.