Friday, June 27, 2014

Dethroned

We enthrone common sense and tack the Name of God on to it. We do lean to our own understanding, instead of trusting God with all our hearts. ~Oswald Chambers
I read these words in my devotional time this morning.  "We ENTHRONE common sense and TACK the Name of God on to it."  Whoa!  God forgive us.

Ever since that day in November when the phone call came revealing Joe's secret life, I've tried to live according to Prov. 3:5-6:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
That can be a lot easier said than done.  But, I strive to live my life according to The Spirit and Word of God, not according to this world or my flesh, since both will lead me astray.  

I know God will not.

Today is one of those days when I must rely on The Spirit of God. I must trust Him implicitly.  

I bow before You, LORD. Please forgive me for the times when I've enthroned common sense, when I've put the world's view above Yours, or when I've leaned on my own understanding. I acknowledge You this day to work and move on my behalf. I trust You. I love You, LORD.

Because of Him and Unto Him,





2 comments:

wordglow said...

You are His Beloved, Diane, and His banner over you is LOVE...

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Pam...thank you....