Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Worn Out And Battle Weary?

And he shall speak great words against The Most High, and shall wear out the saints of The Most High... ~ Daniel 7:25
"Wear out the saints of The Most High" - Saints: that's us!

"Wear out" in the original Hebrew means to afflict mentally; wear out.

One of Satan's tactics is to mentally wear us out causing us to doubt God by speaking words against Him to us. 


Remember, Satan is a spirit being. We do not see him nor audibly hear him.  But, knowing that he whispers to our minds, and that one of his tactics is to wear us out mentally and to speak against our God to us, we know when faithless thoughts come to us, when doubts of God's breakthrough take hold of us, we know where it is coming from.

During my seven-year-wilderness, I can attest to the validity of this Scripture. Satan absolutely was wearing me out mentally. BIG TIME!  To coin Joyce Meyer, my mind was a battlefield. Truly. One moment I would be firm in standing on God's Promises, then doubt (Satan's speaking against The Most High) rolled in like an unexpected wave, bowling me over.  The onslaught in my mind was overwhelming at times.



Did you ever hear this joke:


"Mommy."


"Mommy!"


"Mom!


"MA."


"Mommy!"


"MOM!"


"MOMMY!!!"



"WHAT?!?!"


"I love you."


Those continual "Mommies" were wearing out that mom. That's what Satan does to us. He non-verbally repeats and repeats in our inner ear with the expected outcome of wearing us out.
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. ~ Hosea 4:6 
We have to know the source that causes our minds to become battlefields.  We must give credit where credit is due. They are not our own thoughts. How do I know that?  

Because God Almighty tells us that we have the mind of Christ (II Corinthians 2:16).  Jesus Christ does not waiver; He is not double-minded; He does not doubt His Father. He does not disbelieve His own Words.

And since that is Truth, then our thoughts have to be continually bombarded causing us to waiver and be double-minded. 

My brothers and sisters, let us take authority over our minds commanding all that is not of the mind of Christ to leave. When we are in the thick of such a battle, sometimes we cannot muster up enough strength to do that. That's when we must reach out and ask for others to do so on our behalf.  If you or someone you know needs such prayer, please let me know. I'd be happy to pray for you/them.

And I encourage you, if you have not already read Joyce Meyer's book entitled Battlefield of the Mind, I encourage you to do so. It can be life transforming.

As a matter of fact, if anyone wants the book - either for yourself or to give to someone else - I will gladly gift it to you. That's how important this subject is. Just let me know and I will get the book to you.
Father, in the All-powerful Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, I ask you to energize any of Your children who are being worn down at this very moment. Please bring clarity to their minds. Cause them, oh GOD, to understand the schemes of Your enemy, and that his aim is to steal our faith and hope in You because he hates You and Your goodness so. 
We stand together, Father, as one family, lifting each other up when we are so weary we think we will collapse. Thank You for holding onto us. Thank You for being True to Your Words. We magnify You, Most High GOD, above our thoughts, above our battles. We love You and thank You, for Your deliverance is at hand!  Amen.
Because of Him and Unto Him,


10 comments:

TC Avey said...

Thank you for this post. I needed to hear it. My spouse and I are going through a storm and it's hard to focus on God and stay strong. Some days the waves come crashing in...but God hasn't let us go. We aren't drowning. He has blessed us with peace but still the waves come.

Prayers are greatly appreciated. Thanks for this encouraging post.
God bless!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, TC, I will keep you lifted up in prayer. I'm so thankful that you felt comfortable enough to say so.

The battles are intense, so if I may encourage you in this: put on worship music as much as you can and read Psalms. If anyone knew about being battle weary (in the mental sense as well as the real, physical sense), it was King David.

And journal. Write out your heart, your fears and concerns, but end with God's goodness and grace; what His Word is saying to you.

I'm sure others who read this blog will also pray for you and your family. God bless you!

A Joyful Noise said...

Thank you diane for this much needed message. Our thought often need an excange. I love Joyce Meyer and her upbeat messages too.

wordglow said...

Yes, this is so true. I read Joyce's book and you are right - a really good one. I also love the way Billye Brim teaches about Ephesians, that because of what Jesus did for us on the cross, Satan is under his feet - and because he is under Jesus' feet, he is also under our feet as believers seated in the heavenlies already with the Lord. And in Jesus name he has no authority over us, and all his lies must leave as we recognize and declare him under our feet. Love your prayer too at the end...

Floyd said...

"Above our battles..." That struck me. He is above all things, but also the small struggles that contend for our hearts and minds. Great and powerful post, Diane. Pray for my strength and family if you would. I appreciate that offer more than you know. There is no greater gift in this world...

Diane Ronzino said...

Hazel, it's great to know you like Joyce Meyer. She is just so real and full of Godly Wisdom! Much to glean from her!

Diane Ronzino said...

Amen, Pam!!! I love Billie Brim. In my younger years of walking with The LORD, she taught me so much! So thankful for those who have gone before us!

By the way, today, March 7th, is my birthday Thirty years ago today I was born again. I am a life transformed. The journey has been an awesome one.

Diane Ronzino said...

Floyd, thank you for being transparent enough to ask for prayer. It is my pleasure to intercede for you and your family.

Even though it may not seem it, The LORD is walking with you and your family. Please watch the following clip:

http://jesus-loves-you.org/jesus-is-always-with-you/

May it encourage you like it did me!

BelovedBomber said...

Thank you for such a timely word! God is so perfect at that!! Many blessings!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you Beloved! I can't wait to go to your blog and check out this "Beloved Bomber"! I love your photo!