Monday, March 25, 2013

The King and I

Anna and the King is one of my all-time favorite movies. The movie stars Jodi Foster and Yun-Fat Chow. The last scene in the movie - when the king of Siam dances with the English schoolteacher for one last dance before she leaves Siam for good - melts my heart.





The king loved the English schoolteacher so much that he let her go.  He could have ordered her to stay.  But, he didn't.  

Our LORD does the same thing. He loves us so much that He never orders us to stay with Him. He lets those who want to go, go.

But...

He is married to the backslider. 

Married to.  

MARRIED to the backslider!
Return, O backsliding children,” says the LORD; “for I am married to you."  ~Jeremiah 3:14



He is longsuffering and patient. He just waits for His loves to return unto Him.

I hope you never experience a loved one backslide. It can be a living hell, for they truly become someone they never were before.




For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. ~II Peter 2:21
I've lived through it twice. My husband backslid many years ago. It was a long haul praying him back into the Kingdom.  And my oldest son has left his first Love. Like father like son?  

Oh, how I stand on the Promises of our God!  How I do believe that my son will once again cry out to our God - His God and King - The King he turned his back on and The One Who stays married to him no matter what.





Whenever I need a loving embrace, I close my eyes and picture my King and I dancing. My Lord Jesus draws me to His bosom. 

I picture it for my son as well.

And I will keep that vision ever before me. For I know he will return to dance with His King.



So, if you are waiting as I am for a loved-one's return, why not Dance Unto Your King in gratitude 
and as a sign of faith,






14 comments:

A Joyful Noise said...

God is faithful, and our dance before him is witnessed in heaven. I am thinking now or two of Robert's cousins who have returned. There are others now and some that will come back later. Keep praying and dancing!

TC Avey said...

I have two dear friends who have lost their first love. I stand on God's promise and lift them up!

God is so good. I need His hugs!

Betty said...

I will dance with the King as I wait for my son to return to Him. Hope fills me as I read your post Diane, we must not lose hope for our sons...

BelovedBomber said...

I haven't seen that movie before. It is going on my library request list tonight. Thanks for sharing.

Diane Ronzino said...

I love what you wrote, Hazel: "our dance before Him is witnessed in heaven"

Amen!

So glad to hear of Robert's cousins! WAHOO!

Diane Ronzino said...

TC, our God is faithful to His Word. He is married to your friends and has not left them.

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, Betty, we must not! It's so easy to do so. We have to work diligently to keep that hope alive. We walk NOT BY SIGHT, but sometimes the "sight" is so prevalent, so we must keep on standing in faith.

I include your son along with mine.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for coming by again, Beloved! Let me know what you think of the movie.

Andrew Ronzino said...

Louis!

Diane Ronzino said...

Mother!

Do you know as I was drafting the original post, I had put in about how you and I would go back and forth about that. But, it was unnecessary information.

I hope you don't mind how Lori and I went back and forth on your FB page. I was so blessed by her words about you. I kept writing all these things about how God used you as a small child, but deleted, figuring you would think, "MOM!!!!" LOL...so, I was good and hit the delete button!

Her words truly did bless me, Andrew. Since I don't get to see you living your everyday life, to hear such glowing words about you, did my heart good. I'm proud of the man of God you have become. I love you, and Lori is going to hug you for me!

Diane Ronzino said...

And Andrew, she is a Mulder! I laughed when I read her last name.

Andrew Ronzino said...

I didn't mind at all! :-D She told me she was going to say something to you. Haha!

Ken Barnes said...

Diane,

I recently wrote a blog called "Dancing with the King" based on the movie "Anna and the King". Dance With the King (TCE) http://bit.ly/176kSem

I am interested in using a photo or 2 from your blog. Are they available to use?

Blessings,
Ken

Diane Ronzino said...

Ken, I so apologize for leaving you hanging on this. I've been on a hiatus for a bit. If it's not too late, you are more than welcome! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you in a timely fashion.