Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mobile Van Full of Care

Right here in our own school districts, are homeless children. Most of who have moved often, some living in cars or old motels. Picture whole familes trying to live life in one small motel room or in a car...

Backstory: I used to homeschool my youngest son, Andrew. During his high school years, I taught him at our church. I was the pastor's secretary and Andrew was the pastor's...um....do-it-all guy. So, we would go in early in the AM, do school, and then we both worked in the ministry.

For two years, I also taught other children, including two who were homeless. So, I have a tender heart toward homeless students.
This logo had been on yellowed-paper for years -
awaiting its time. 

Secondary Backstory: CareVanI know you have never heard of it. In a small nutshell, CareVan had been a vision in my heart for MANY years. It was a vision that I wrote down. It was tarrying, but I waited. Long story short: Our pastor read the vision is running with it. (Habakuk 2:2-3), AND God gave me a team of two other women with the same heart and passion to work shoulder-to-shoulder with me.

CareVan is a mobile van full of care. We supply non-food essentials and gift cards (from local food stores, gas stations, Home Depot, pharmacies, etc.), we will pray, administer Communion, and even supply a library of faith-filled books for them to grow as we build relationships. Our CareVan is a mobile community lending a hand when and where needed. Even to those who don't want the spiritual aspect. We will not judge, just love.

The Scripture The LORD gave me many years ago is I John 3:17:
But if anyone has this world’s goods (resources for sustaining life) and sees his brother fellow Believer in need, yet closes his heart of compassion against him, how can the love of God live and remain in him?
We officially lauched last week and we are out and about purchasing the non-essentials. Starting with members in our own church who have needs, we will iron out the kinks before we stock the van and head to the streets.  There are still so many needs from Hurricane Sandy here on Long Island and so many homeless shelters.  From that alone we have a wide field open to us. 

(This is why I rarely get to read my favorite blogs anymore or post as often as I would like. I'm busy about my Father's business once again. HALLELUJAH!)

Ok, now back to the homeless: A high school district called my pastor. Hearing of CareVan, they are asking for school supplies for their homeless high school students. They have no more money in their budget for the basic supplies the students need.

My compassion button has been pushed - homeless kids and school supplies.  Oh, how I still miss buying school supplies every August!

Isn't our Father awesome?  He not only gives me the opportunity to once again buy school supplies, but also for homeless students...I love it!  Office-Max, here I come!

If God would so lead you, you may donate to CareVan. You can make checks payable to 
CCC CareVan or you can donate online on the church website: www.crossoverchristianchurch.  Please write CareVan in your memo. And please put a sticky note or something saying that you are from my blog. 100% of your donation goes to the purchase of non-food essentials.  Please mail your donation directly to our church: Crossover Christian Church; 4605 Wickham Avenue; Mattituck, NY  11952  

Do not feel obligated in any way, shape, or form however!  I did not share CareVan with you just to seek donations. You are my beloved Circle of Friends and I just wanted to give God glory for allowing me the opportunity once again to minister to the homeless and buy school supplies! 

Seven years of wilderness was the tail end to this long-awaited-vision coming to fruition. If that's what it took to ready me, LORD, I thank You! I give You all the glory and honor. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of lending a needful hand - with resources for sustaining life - to Your Children! It is my honor to serve You by serving them...

Because of Him and Unto Him,



10 comments:

wordglow said...

This sounds wonderful, Diane. I know the Lord will anoint and use you mightily for such a time as this!

Floyd said...

Good for you, Diane. To about our Father's business is to bring Him and all of us honor. Good for you. I'll support that good cause. Thanks, for sharing.

A Joyful Noise said...

May God grant you favor with the companies that perhaps will gift to you some supplies for your ministry. Blessings on you and your team of workers.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, thank you, Pam! I'm counting on His anointing!!!!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much for your words, Floyd. Truly, my heart is to do nothing but bring Him honor. And thank you for considering supporting CareVan. Even your prayers will be an honor and a blessing, as we will be on the frontlines.

If you only knew what a miracle it is that the school district and our church are together meeting needs. In the 30 years I've been walking with Jesus, I've NEVER seen that on Long Island. NEVER.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Hazel, that means a lot to me. We are praying, and I've designed a brochure, to be given out at our local stores. I pray that they will have open hearts to do just what you said!

I miss entering in on Tell Me A Story on Monday nights. Truly!

Betty said...

Oh Diane God knew exactly whose heart would be touched by a ministry such as this. And the timing is perfect of course, always is when God is in it. I will be praying for many open doors of help to come help. We did something like that years ago in Louisville...we went out into the neighbors to help at whatever. Those on hand ministry are the best way to get out to people...Be praying for you my friend.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much, Betty, for your encouraging words and prayers! Truly. Thank you!

BelovedBomber said...

This sounds amazing! I am so excited for what the Lord is doing in and through you, how many lives will be touched by Him!! God has been breaking my heart for homeless single mothers recently so something in this just stirs in me. I know God will be moving mightily, meeting every need and drawing many to Himself. Many blessings!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, BB! I appreciate your enthusiastic words of encouragement. My heart breaks for single homeless mothers as well. I guess that's because it breaks our Father's Heart.

You are a kindred spirit!