Thursday, March 28, 2013

In Remebrance of Extravagant Love

Last night at our small group, we did just like Jesus did on His last night with His beloved Twelve.

I led our group in our own version of The Last Supper.  We shared a meal together, then had a non-religious, but self-examining (I Corth.11:27-30) Communion in remembrance of Jesus, followed by a foot washing.

Last night was a special, holy time. Jesus met needs. Some very deep emotional wounds were healed. 

Tears of pain, tears of gratitude flowed.

This is what "Easter" is all about. Jesus going to His Cross for you.  For me.  

Our sins are forgiven because of His Blood that He willingly allowed to be shed.

Our bodies and souls are healed because of the torture He endured.

And because He is alive, we too, can live eternally.

No religion here. Just Truth. Just freedom. Just pure, extravagant Love poured out to mankind.

Now, that is "Easter". 



May your celebration of The Resurrection be joyous because of your gratitude!  Pour out extravagant love back to Him, as did Mary, who anointed Jesus with costly oil and wiped His Feet with her hair. May you be extravagant in your expression of gratitude as Jesus was in the display of His Love toward you.  God bless you and your family as you celebrate!

Because of Him and Unto Him,

13 comments:

Kel Rohlf said...

Diane- Again thank you for this word: to pour out extravagant gratitude...time to journal and list the benefits of His love...let me count the ways!

Floyd said...

Well said. Thanks for sharing your heart... Happy Easter and may our Father bless you and yours abundantly in all ways.

A Joyful Noise said...

Such a blessed time of sharing with others as you ate together, shared words together and the footwashing must have been a climax to remember Jesus and how he has washed us clean.

Betty said...

Would have loved to be in that gathering with you. It,s a peaceful evening as I write this, I sense the Lord talking to me as I sit and watch the birds feed at their feeders in my back yard. Ace is snozing on the couch. He is wore out a lot lately, glad he is going for a checkup soon. Happy Easter my friend.

Diane Ronzino said...

I don't know where my comments back to each of you went.... hhmmmm...

Anyway, here we go again.

Kel, Yes, let ME count the ways too! One of them is on the CareVan FB page. Awesome Good Friday.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Floyd, for your blessing. That means a lot to me. A blessed Easter to you and your family as well!

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, Hazel, it was a climax. God did some incredible things in each of us through it! May you and Robert have a blessed celebration of our Lord's Resurrection!

Diane Ronzino said...

I'm so glad for your peaceful evening, Betty. We all could use those! I think it is great that Ace was snoozing! Good for him. Power naps!

I wish you were here with me also. Have a wonderful Easter, dear Betty!

wordglow said...

Lovely and so true, Diane. Hope you had a wonderful Resurrection Day. I thought of you yesterday and prayed it was a good one... and that things are getting back to normal in LI after the fall storms devastation...

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
What a loving moment for all of you to share and cherish. It will be a time that will stay in your heart forever.

I haven't checked blog sites for quiet a while now, Pain has turned me upside down, and its NOT been fun.. But I am hopeful, having treatment for my Neck next week--just have to take it one day at a time as the Lord gives me.

Thank you for writing words that pour from your Heart and help Lift me...

((hugs & love)) martha

joy said...

I wish I can be with you there, but you gave me an idea. Why not do it here?

Thanks God for what he has done for us!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Pam. I appreciate your prayers more than you know.

On Monday, I awoke to a flooded kitchen and basement. UGH.

Diane Ronzino said...

My dear Martha,

I, too, haven't been to blogs. It saddens me. My time is not my own these days. Please email me the date and time of your procedure!!!!

I'll be in touch. I love you and pray for you!